Mikhael's Portable Atari 2600

Monday, September 12, 2005

The Money Starts Flowing

OK, that was my little intro.

Now it's time to start documenting how much money I am pouring into this latest whim...

I started tonight, when I bought some stuff on ebay.

First, I bought a set of two non-working 4-switch Atari 2600's (one wood finish, one all black), with 4 joysticks, paddles, and two power supplies and RF converters.


I am hoping that depending on what exactly is broken, that when I hack off most of the internal parts to make my portable, that the broken stuff will get hacked off as well! If not, hopefully I can troubleshoot at least one system. I also figure I can have some spare parts in case I mess something up, and I can always fix one up (maybe?) and sell it to cover some costs of this money pit. Total cost of the consoles was $15.59 (good deal I think), but with shipping it came to $30.59.

Next, I saw the same guy was selling a load of 39 cartridges:

I bought those as well, total cost was $37.02 plus another $10 shipping came to $47.02. About $1.20 per game, not bad since there were no duplicates and most of them were good games that I was interested in (still need Pitfall though).

Finally, I bought a working console (heck, I had to at least have something I knew worked so I could test the non-working pieces from the other systems) for only $6.50 (now THAT was a steal) with almost $10 shipping, total was $15.85. Came with 7 games, more joysticks, etc.



So at this point, total money blown is $93.46.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home