Mikhael's Portable Atari 2600

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ironed on the Black Trim

Tonight I ironed on the black trim around the front half of the case (the instructions were in Italian for the trim, but I used an online translator to figure out what setting to put the iron on). I think it definitely looks better, though you can definitely see gaps in places where the edge of the aluminum trim stuck out from the edge of the PVC plastic.

I removed the power switch when I ironed on the trim, then cut the slot for the switch through the trim after it was stuck on. I also drilled holes for the headphone jack, audio/video out, and DC input jacks. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact size drill bits for these jacks (13/64" and 15/64"). My 3/16" bit (or 12/64" for the math impaired) is too small for the 13/64" jack, and the 7/32" bit (14/64") I have is both too big for the 13/64" and too small for the 15/64" jacks! So, tomorrow I am going to look for these size drill bits. If I can't find them, I guess I will have to drill holes that are a bit too large, and put a lot of glue to keep the jacks from wiggling. Definitely NOT what I want to do, but I may not have a choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home