Mikhael's Portable Atari 2600

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wired the Control Panel and Buttons



I worked some more on the Atari today when I got home. I decided to do some more soldering, so I worked on the control panel. Because I cut the holes too large for the buttons as I mentioned in my last post, I decided to make my own buttons out of the blue PVC plastic. I basically cut out two circles and glued them on top of each other to give them the right thickness. Took some trial and error, but I finally got them to work right.









As you can see, there are a ton of wires attached to the back of the PC control board I installed. These will all go to the Atari, in the places where the joystick ports were originally wired. It took a while to install the tact switches that are behind all the buttons and then solder all the wires, but I think everything will work fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home