Mikhael's Portable Atari 2600

Friday, November 04, 2005

Started Back of Case

Today I cut out the rear portion of the case and the battery door, and bent the aluminum to fit. I'm going to glue it on tomorrow. The aluminum for the back isn't bent exactly like the front, but there is really no way to bend a 2mm thick piece of aluminum the exact same way by hand! I don't think it will be a big deal, either way.

I never was able to find the exact drill bits I wanted, so I went ahead and drilled the bigger holes. Doesn't seem like too big a deal, since they are only slightly bigger than I need. I glued back in the power switch, and also glued in the DC input jack (I used a 5-minute 2-part epoxy for both).

The next step will be to glue on the aluminum to the back, and glue the rear screw sleeves in place. I'm also going to have to figure out how thick of a "shim" I need to make for each screw sleeve to extend it, since the aluminum for both the front and back is slightly wider than the screw sleeves are long. In other words, when I screw the case together, only the aluminum will be touching since there will be a gap between the front and rear screw sleeves. A shim will close this gap and allow me to screw the case together tightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home