Mikhael's Portable Atari 2600

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Getting Close!

Wow, I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
I got a lot done on the project today -- let's see if I can remember everything:
I glued the back of the case together, modified (cut and soldered) and installed the battery holder, drilled the screw holes for the back of the case, installed and glued the TV into the front of the case, glued the brightness and volume knobs into their spaces in the front, glued the headphone and A/V jacks into the front, checked and re-soldered some loose wires on the game controller board, and finally labeled all the loose wires that will have to get soldered to the Atari portion.


What I have left is to iron on the black trim on the back of the case, solder all the wires onto the Atari board, install the power regulator and hook up the power wires, then finally turn it on and troubleshoot!

I know it won't work right the first time, so I am not going to even think about putting the case together yet... if (when) it doesn't work, I'm not really sure how I am even going to start troubleshooting, since there are SO many parts to this project. I'm just going to pray it works the first time, otherwise I may be dead in the water for a while! Hopefully I will get some time tomorrow to do the soldering so I can start testing this thing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home